Thursday, September 3, 2009

Santa Monica Pier Engagement Photography/Niki and Ryan

Young love, so innocent and sweet. Niki and Ryan portray simply that! He is a Marine, she carries his heart. They will be wed this November and I am so lucky to be a part of their wedding day. Their wedding is going to be a 40's themed event, so we headed out to Santa Monica Pier for some vintage style engagement photos. It was the perfect evening, warm air, excitement filled pier and due to the fires burning all around, we had the most amazing sunset. Here are some of my favorites shots from this special engagement session! Enjoy and Don't forget to leave me a comment at the bottom of the post!

Young love...



So sweet and fun!


The Santa Monica Pier has so many fun places to take engagement photos.



Niki and Ryan looked liked they stepped right out of a movie scene. It was so neat to see perfect strangers walking up to Ryan and thanking him for being a Marine and protecting our country. Tourists stopped and snapped their photo. It was really cool.


I love the emotion in this shot!

One of my fav's

Picture perfect postcard!

I love this vintage silhouette shot!




This is another great shot filled with emotion!

My absolute favorite shot of the day! They are a beautiful couple. I am so excited to see how their wedding photos turn out this November.


Time for some casual shots...






The Ferris wheel at the Santa Monica pier was the perfect backdrop to end our engagement photography session.


Thanks Niki and Ryan and I will see you very soon for your wedding!

5 comments:

Michelle said...

Yay..I love them all!!! I LOVE her red dress, so adorable. As always you amaze me with your eye for beauty. :)I also loved that silhouette shot and the one in front of the ferris wheel.

shannon l. said...

Wow Michelle! So many great comments. Love the old time feel and her outfit in the first set. Looks like a super fun session. Hope you are well and survived your birthday and seeing your daughter off to college!

Deb Tracey said...

Hey Michelle :) This is my favorite session to date. I just can't pick! I LOVE the feel of the whole session, esp. the closeups and the ferris wheel shots. EVERYTHING!!!! I have missed so much of your life, in the last month and your birthday? must get that straight!! Happy belated!!! Also seeing Morgan off to college! LOVE the "girls session" too. I've been under the weather. yuck. These brightened my day!!! Keep up the terrific work! You and your family are always in my prayers :) love, deb

Rachel said...

Hey Michelle,

I just wanted to tell you that the engagement session in Santa Monica was fabulous! What a beautiful couple, I wish Rich and I were that photogenic! Those were some really awesome pictures! Good job! I hope you are having a fabulous week! See you soon at the gym!

Rach

Niki said...

I am so happy. These are perfect and I love them. Thank you so much!